32 Stall Mason County Horse Ranch in Pontotoc, TX
SOLD! I am pleased to tell you about an amazing Mason County horse ranch for sale that offers 111.35 acres of luxury living in a private, peaceful and scenic setting that includes a professional and highly recognized horse breeding & training facility.
Situated between Turkeyroost Mountain and Eckert Roughs is Circle Star Ranch, a first class horse and cattle operation that has produced championship horses in the sleepy, quaint Texas town of Pontotoc.
Located just off the Mason/Llano County line, Circle Star Ranch is nestled in a small valley that is accessed by a gravel road which is 5 miles from the ranch gate to Hwy 71 and only 25 minutes from Llano.
Amazing Hill Country Views!
The topography of this meticulously kept ranch is blanketed in beautiful rolling coastal and Wilman grass pastures, dotted by old post oak trees, granite outcroppings and has two stock tanks. The east and west sides of the valley are bordered by rugged, 300′ granite bluffs, unique to the natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country that offer incredible views.
This is the perfect property for equestrians, ropers, veterinarians, breeders, trainers, ranchers, redneck wedding venue or a simple hill country escape. Possible income from hay, boarding horses and leasing all or part of the horse facilities & arena. Also by allowing RV’s or adding a few tiny homes you could operate a bed & breakfast for a rope & ride or even offer day only activities or do both!
Currently, this property is not advertised on MLS or on any paid sites.
Go to information about:
World Class Horse Breeding & Training Facility!
A Note About the Sellers: Shelia and Cecil Rhodes have owned and operated a horse breeding and training operation at Circle Star Ranch since about 1997. The Rhodes have enjoyed many successes (and some disappointments) with the horses they bred, raised, trained, and showed. In addition to showing their horses in the AQHA, NCHA, NRCHA, PHBA and PRCA, many horses were sold along the way. The Rhodes not only sold horses domestically, but also exported several to Canada, New Zealand, Mexico, and South America (Brazil and Argentina). Outside mares (those belonging to others) were bred to studs, including mares belonging to recognized sports figures and entertainers. Circle Star Ranch horses have gone on to do really good things for their owners…from working horses to show and rodeo horses, including world and futurity champions.
Circle Star Ranch Accomplishments
Tuf Cooper Rides Two Circle Star Ranch Horses, TJ and Topaz
- The Rhodes’ daughter was Texas 4H grand champion twice (2006 and 2007) and she was AQHA National Rookie of the Year in 2007; she also was Grand Champion two years running at Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, and San Angelo Stock Shows & Rodeos with her horse, I’m Dointime.
- Sheila, AQHA National Rookie of the Year in 2007 and AQHA Select Reserve World Grand Champion twice, once with I’m Dointime and once with her great stallion, CSR Entrepreneurs Touch.
- Cecil won AQHA Reserve World Champion in 2010 with CSR Entrepreneurs Touch.
- Rhodes’ mare, Look At Her Glo, had lifetime earnings of over 1,000 AQHA points and $58,000. Notably, in 2008, she was AQHA All-Around high-point horse of the year and AQHA World Champion in team roping – heading. She also earned AQHA Performance Champion title that same year. Look At Her Glo is the dam of three world champions, including, 2015 AQHA World Champion (heading) CSR Dual Glo and of CSR Lay Down Sally, the 2014 Snaffle Bit Ltd. Open Futurity Champion and 2018 CD Survivor Memorial Open Bridle Spectacular Champion sponsored by Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth.
- Rhodes’ stud, Freckles Fancy Jake, earned 570 AQHA points and was the AQHA Hi Point Stallion, Hi Point Heading and Hi Point Healing horse in 2007. In 2010, Jake earned the prestigious AQHA Performance Champion title. Jake has sired many great horses, including CSR Smokin Big Jake, aka “TJ” (Freckles Fancy Jake x Big Smokin Otoe – Topaz).
- Rhodes’ stallion, Driftin Hancock Bar, was PHBA world champion tie-down roping twice and was PHBA world champion team roping heading and team roping healing horse.
- Rhodes’ mare, Big Smokin Otoe aka Topaz, has campaigned with Tuf Cooper in the PRCA over the past three years, helping Tuf win the 2015 National Finals Rodeo World Championship in tie-down roping and the 2017 National Finals Rodeo World Champion All-Around title. Additionally, of course, Tuf and Topaz have won several qualifying rodeos, including The Calgary Stampede, Cheyenne, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, and others.
 First and only time mother and daughter were AQHA Rookies of The Year in the same year.
 Tuf Cooper is starting to ride our young gelding, CSR Smokin Big Jake, aka “TJ,” and will take TJ to the NFR in Las Vegas this year (2018) along with TJ’s dam, Topaz.
Live in Luxury • Professional Horse Training & Breeding Facility • Cattle Ranch
Live in style while operating your own horse and cattle ranch with all of the top of the line improvements. No detail was over looked and no expense was spared in the design, construction and infrastructure of this ranch. A list of the main ranch improvements are listed below along with a brief description of each improvement’s features.
Custom Ranch Home • 3 Beds • 2 Full Baths • 2266 sf
Rooms: 3 Beds (master up), 2 Full Baths, Kitchen, Breakfast Area, Formal Dining, Living Rm, Laundry Rm (in garage), Small Office Space in Front of Master, Walk-in Attic Storage, 2-Car Attached Garage w/ Openers.
Kitchen features include: Stainless Appliances, Refrigerator, Double Oven, Microwave, Butcher Block Center Island with JennAir, Dishwasher, Pantry (with access to under stairs storage), Granite Counters, Bar, Oak Cabinets w/ Bottom Slide Outs
Bathroom features: Frameless Glass Showers, Tub (in master), Heated Towel Bars, Toto Toilets, Granite Counters, Tile Floors, Double Vanity (in master)
Exterior features: All Brick Exterior w/ some 2nd level Hardi Plank, Full Gutters, 2nd Flr Balcony off Master, Covered Back Porch, Large Rock Patio w/ Firepit, Metal Roof, Welded Pipe Fencing Around Home, Excellent Tree Cover
Interior features: Wood Burning Fireplace in Living, Tile & Wood Floors, Wood Shutters, Built-ins, Water Softener, Cedar Flooring in Master Closet, Skylight, Ceiling Fans
Misc: Home is 100% Electric (Central Texas Electric Co-op), Septic System, Internet by Hill Country Telephone
(my AT&T cell service worked fine at the ranch)
Detached 5-Car Garage w/ Central Air
Fully insulated building and garage doors • covered exterior parking in front of garage doors • separate large storage room • mezzanine storage • garage and storage room have central air • exterior sconces on timer • openers on all doors
Main Barn • Tack Room • Feed Room • Office • Full Bath
17 stalls w/ auto water • square pen w/ auto water • vet station • fly system w/ timer • propane space heaters at some stalls • LED lighting on timers • wash rack w/ hot & cold water • above ground propane tank • septic system • stamped concrete floors • full gutters
Office/Tack Room: Central Air, Full Bath w/ Shower, Washer & Dryer
Feed Room: Central Air
Insulated Mare Barn
15 stalls w/ auto water • fully insulated building and garage doors • fly system • ceiling fans • lights • stamped concrete floor • full gutters
2- Bay RV Barn
2-bay barn with front and back roll-up doors • 200 amps to panel • two 50 amp plugs • lights • full gutters
Lights • power • 50 amp plug
Lights • power • full gutters
Roping Arena 100’x300′ • Viewing Stand • Announcer Booth
Viewing stand • announcers booth • auto water • interior head & heel boxes • catch pen with return • 2-pens below viewing stands • welded pipe fencing
Paddocks • Loafing Sheds • Auto Water
Six paddocks w/ loafing sheds • auto water • all paddocks are interconnected by gates • welded pipe fencing
60′ Lighted Round Pen
Lights • welded pipe fencing
Auto water • squeeze chute • welded pipe fencing
North Well: Pump House with primary pump, backup pump, two pressure tanks and two concrete storage tanks. Thermostatic heat strip on one pump. Per seller well is 100′ deep, producing 12 gpm.
South Well: Pump house with primary pump, pressure tank and one concrete storage tank. Thermostatic heat strip on pump. Per seller the well is 30′ deep, producing 30 gpm.
*North and south wells are interconnected so either well or both wells can supply the ranch.
Windmills: There are two functioning windmills on the ranch. One supplies the stock tank by front gate and the second windmill by the north well functions as a backup.
Hay barn • water troughs in pastures • fuel tanks • all welded pipe interior fencing w/ circle star medallion • custom welded pipe entrance • gravel road system • roughly 1/3 of ranch has underground electrical w/ above ground electrical boxes which minimizes views of overhead power lines and poles.
2018 property taxes were approximately $10,498.00.
This property is unrestricted and is currently ag exempt.
All minerals owned by seller shall convey to the buyer.
Seller and septic disclosures available upon request.
The Circle Star Ranch name and ranch entities are not included in sale.
Groceries, hardware and feed may be found in Mason (20 miles), Llano (27 miles), Brady (34 miles), Fredericksburg (50 miles) and Burnet (57 miles).
Property Address: 8307 Hickory Grove Road Pontotoc, Texas 76869
Go to information about:
Interactive Aerial and Topo Map
Contact us about Texas Horse Properties today!
Mason County Horse Ranch for Sale