BUYING LAND, FARMS & RANCHES IN TEXAS
Buying Texas Land, Farms, Ranches
We Help our Clients Buy Texas Ranches, Farms, Hunting Land, Luxury Estates, Live Water,
Texas Hill Country, Recreational, Development and Income Properties.
Buying Land, Ranches
It’s obvious to most that you should buy land or a ranch with an experienced professional who specializes in land and ranches. The Land Specialists at Longhorn Realty are dedicated to serving land buyers who are searching for the perfect Texas land, farm, ranch or home on acreage. Many of our Land Specialist are also ranch owners, who have real, hands-on experience with ranches, and buyers will find their knowledge invaluable when purchasing their land or ranch property.
Finding the Perfect Land Property
Purchasing Texas land & ranches that meets your needs is a breeze if you utilize one of our Land Specialist. Longhorn Realty's goal is to make the entire real estate transaction run as smooth as possible. We are experts in buying Texas land properties, and once we learn what you’re looking for, finding your land or ranch is what we do best.
Before you start looking for a farm, ranch or land to buy in Texas you should ask yourself a few questions:
- What location works best for you? Consider travel time to the property, if you're not going to live there.
- What utilities are available? Will you need an easement from a neighbor to bring in power? Is there public water?
- Is the property ag or wildlife exempt? Properties 5 to 20 acres may qualify for a honeybee ag exemption.
- Will you need a grazing or farming lease to maintain your ag exemption? If not will you furnish your own livestock or grow your own crops?
- Do want or need surface water? Be sure to investigate possible floodplains on the property.
- What conveys with the property? Be crystal clear on what non-realty items stay with the property.
- Do you mind having deed restrictions or do you want an unrestricted property? Be sure you thoroughly understand how you can use a deed restricted property.
Buying with a Land, Ranch Realtor
Many buyers don’t realize that using a REALTOR® to purchase their real estate is a free service. Our Land Specialists are also REALTORS® and there’s no cost to a buyer to have representation from a Land Specialist at Longhorn Realty. The buyer’s broker fee is paid for by the seller side of the transaction. So why wouldn’t a buyer want professional representation just like the seller has? Especially at no cost? Contact us today for professional buyer representation!
Helpful Land, Ranch Buying Links
Search Texas Properties Now
Use our property search tools to perform custom property searches of Austin MLS listings. View Texas land, ranches, luxury estates, hunting land, live water properties, unrestricted land, hill country ranches, investments properties, commercial tracts and more. Search Texas Properties Now
Things to Know Before Buying Rural Land
Learn more about land use, exemptions, restrictions, surveys and more. Things to Know Before Buying Rural Land
Getting a Ranch or Land Loan
Tips for preparing for a land loan. Getting a Ranch or Land Loan
Buying a Hunting Ranch or Land
Recommendations for buying Texas hunting land. Hunting Land Buying Tips
Use our Mortgage Calculator
Figure out your mortgage payments on your dream home, land or ranch. Use our Mortgage Calculator
Connect with a Land Specialist at Longhorn Realty
Contact us anytime to learn more about Central Texas/Austin area real estate markets. When you’re ready to take the next step toward purchasing land or ranch, we are here to help. Connect with a Land Specialist at Longhorn Realty
Accredited Land Consultant
Accredited Land Consultants (ALC) are Realtors who took the initiative to receive additional land specific training, above and beyond the requirements needed for a Texas real estate license. Who do you want representing you when buying your land or ranch? Go with the best of the best in the land business!